Wood County Home
Board of Supervisors
Career Opportunities Home
Wood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
RN- PT 90% 32-40 hrs/wk, Mainly weekend DAYS - Port Edwards
Edgewater Haven WR
Part-time 90% - 36 hrs per week- WRS Eligible
Deadline to apply:
The purpose of positions in this classification is to evaluate resident physical and mental status, obtain and implement physician’s orders; supervise subordinate nursing staff and notify appropriate persons regarding resident change in condition. The work is performed under the supervision of the Registered Nurse Supervisor.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Evaluates residents for response to treatments and medications. Monitors resident vital signs. Reports change in status to physician. Obtains and implements physician’s orders.
• Supervises work performance of subordinate nursing staff for proper technique and use of equipment, materials and supplies. Prepares written evaluations. Conducts new employee orientation.
• Maintains complete and accurate resident charts for treatments, medications, etc.
• Administers medications orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, intradermally, rectally and intravenously. Administers fluids intravenously.
• Prepares and implements resident care plans.
• Converses with residents to assure they are comfortable, explains therapies, treatments, medications and changes in same. Answers resident’s request for assistance.
• Answers questions and complaints from family members
• Reassures and provides emotional support to residents.
• Accompanies physicians during rounds.
• Attends and participates staff meetings, in-service and continuing education.
• Orders medications, supplies and materials.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this classification and may also be performed by other unit members.
• Monitors unit for safety hazards.
• Assists residents in eating, toileting, ambulating, repositioning and other daily living tasks. Answers resident calls for assistance.
• Notifies families regarding resident needs for personal items such as clothing, glasses, etc.
• Arranges transportation for residents.
• Distributes meals and snacks.
• Picks up residents rooms.
Associate degree in Nursing, one to two years nursing experience preferably in a long-term care facility, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Wisconsin Registered Nurse license required. Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required and must be maintained during employment with Wood County.
Physical and Mental Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
Ability to analyze data and information using established criteria, in order to determine consequences and to identify and select alternatives. Ability to compare, count, differentiate, measure, copy, record and transcribe data and information. Ability to classify, compute, tabulate, and categorize data.
Ability to counsel, treat and mediate, and/or provide first line supervision. Ability to persuade, convince, and train others. Ability to advise and provide interpretation regarding the application of policies, procedures and standards to specific situations.
Ability to utilize a variety of advisory data and information such as resident charts, lab reports, x-ray results, care plans, physician’s orders, pharmacy records, admission forms, discharge instructions/summaries, transfer forms, census sheets, schedules, incident reports, maintenance requests, restraint forms, medical dictionaries, drug handbook, technical operating manuals, procedures, guidelines and non-routine correspondence.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing with residents, other nursing staff, social workers, physicians, therapists, dietitians, lab technicians, pharmacists, home health care providers, clinic personnel, maintenance staff, laundry workers, housekeeping personnel, resident’s families and office staff.
Ability to calculate percentages, fractions, decimals, volumes, ratios, present values and spatial relationships. Ability to interpret basic descriptive statistical reports.
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability
Ability to use functional reasoning and apply rational judgment in performing diversified work activities.
Ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory and/or judgmental criteria, as opposed to criteria which are clearly measurable. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to operate equipment and machinery requiring complex and rapid adjustments, such as oxygen equipment, dialysis equipment, tube feeding equipment, intravenous pumps, syringe, blood pressure cuff, otoscope, stethoscope, thermometer, patient lift, dextrometer, photocopier, tape recorder. telephone and fax machine.
Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements such as medical equipment use.
Ability to recognize and identify degrees of similarities or differences between characteristics of colors, shapes, sounds and odors associated with job-related objects, materials and tasks.
Ability to exert moderately physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
Ability to work under conditions which require exposure to environmental factors such as odors, toxic agents, irate individuals, intimidation, disease and explosives (oxygen tanks). This exposure may cause some discomfort and presents a risk of injury.
Copyright © Wood County, Wisconsin