Wood County Home
Board of Supervisors
Career Opportunities Home
Wood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
RN - Hours/Shifts vary - Port Edwards
Edgewater Haven WR
Full-time 38.75hrs/week - WRS Eligible
Deadline to apply:
$51,833.60 to $59,238.40/Annually
Night Shift - 9:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
The purpose of positions in this classification is to evaluate resident physical and mental status, obtain and implement physician’s orders; supervise subordinate nursing staff and notify appropriate persons regarding resident change in condition. The work is performed under the supervision of the Registered Nurse Supervisor.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Evaluates residents for response to treatments and medications. Monitors resident vital signs. Reports change in status to physician. Obtains and implements physician’s orders.
• Supervises work performance of subordinate nursing staff for proper technique and use of equipment, materials and supplies. Prepares written evaluations. Conducts new employee orientation.
• Maintains complete and accurate resident charts for treatments, medications, etc.
• Administers medications orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, intradermally, rectally and intravenously. Administers fluids intravenously.
• Prepares and implements resident care plans.
• Converses with residents to assure they are comfortable, explains therapies, treatments, medications and changes in same. Answers resident’s request for assistance.
• Answers questions and complaints from family members
• Reassures and provides emotional support to residents.
• Accompanies physicians during rounds.
• Attends and participates staff meetings, in-service and continuing education.
• Orders medications, supplies and materials.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this classification and may also be performed by other unit members.
• Monitors unit for safety hazards.
• Assists residents in eating, toileting, ambulating, repositioning and other daily living tasks. Answers resident calls for assistance.
• Notifies families regarding resident needs for personal items such as clothing, glasses, etc.
• Arranges transportation for residents.
• Distributes meals and snacks.
• Picks up residents rooms.
Associate degree in Nursing, one to two years nursing experience preferably in a long-term care facility, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Wisconsin Registered Nurse license required. Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required and must be maintained during employment with Wood County.
Copyright © Wood County, Wisconsin