Wood County Home
Board of Supervisors
Career Opportunities Home
Wood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Family Interaction Worker - Casual
River Block Building - WR
Casual - up to 1,200 hrs/year
Deadline to apply:
WHO WE ARE:
Wood County has great passion for serving our community. As an employer, we strive to provide a work environment where diversity and differing opinions are valued, creativity is encouraged, continuous learning and improvement are fostered, teamwork and open communication are encouraged, and meeting customer needs through quality services is a shared goal. If you have a background in Human Services and a passion to help the members of our community, please consider joining our team!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
Wood County Human Services, has an immediate opening for a Family Interaction Worker. This position provides support and supervision to families in the Child Welfare system. The primary role is to supervise visits between children and their parents. This position will support the mission of Wood County Human Services Department. The work is performed under the immediate direction of the HOME Team Supervisor.
No supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. The Family Interaction Worker will need to establish rapport with the parents to obtain information adequate to determine the scope of the problems and to effectively work with the entire family. The Worker must develop a cooperative working relationship with the Social Work team to ensure the family’s needs are being met.
2. Supervise visits between parents and children who are involved in the Child Welfare system. Coach, mentor and support parents on effective parenting techniques. This should be done in a respectful and supportive way to assist in family development.
3. Provide in home services to meet the unique needs of the family. Services will also be provided in community settings such as the library, parks and other community venues.
4. Arrange and provide transportation to supervised visits as needed.
5. Present with optimism and have a strong belief in the potential of every individual you serve.
6. Collaborate with the assigned Social Worker, Family Resource Coordinator, or supervisor to share and gather all necessary information. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
7. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Provide appropriate services and interventions to children and their families.
2. Attend staff meetings, appropriate training and education, and supervisory conferences. Demonstrate the ability to constructively utilize training and education provided.
3. Any other duties as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum qualifications of 60 credits in Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences or a directly related field. Candidates pursing a degree in Social Work are highly encouraged to apply. Basic everyday living skills, the ability to understand and follow directions (agency manuals, etc.), and reading and writing (for reports) is necessary. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with individuals and groups. This position may require travel to and from off-campus sites. Individual may use personal vehicle or other means of reliable transportation.
Basic office equipment used: computer, printing equipment, dictation equipment, telephone, copy machine, FAX machine.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Over seventy-five percent (75%) of time is spent sitting, talking and hearing. Fifty percent (50%) of the time is spent using near vision. Reaching, fingering (writing), standing, low carrying and handling (files), low pushing/pulling comprises about ten percent (10%) of time. There is also a threat of physical attack or injury from clients in unusual situations. Going into clients’ homes, which may not be handicapped accessible, is required.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities,
physical demands, and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. This description is not intended to limit or
modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees
under supervision. The County retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify,
amend, add to or delete, from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment,
to be proper.
Wood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Copyright © Wood County, Wisconsin