In an effort to keep all staff and residents safe, and per CMS requirements and Wood County Policy, all newly hired employees whose primary location is at Norwood Health Center are required to have completed the primary vaccine series of a FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination before beginning employment within the facility.
WHO WE ARE:
Wood County Norwood Health Center has a great passion for helping the members of our community. As an employer, we strive to provide a work environment where diversity and differing opinions are valued, creativity is encouraged, continuous learning and improvement are fostered, teamwork and open/honest communication are encouraged, and meeting customer needs through quality services is a shared goal across all departments. If you have a background in mental health and a passion to help the members of our community, please consider joining our team!
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to who we are, Wood County team members are offered competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits, including:
*Health Insurance - we offer low premiums and low deductibles, with excellent coverage!
*Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) - This is one of the best-funded public pension plans in the U.S.!
*457 deferred compensation plan
*Vacation and Sick Time - Start accruing for both on your first day!
*10 Paid Holidays
*Flexible Spending Account to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical expenses
*Short and Long-Term Disability
*Wellness Incentive Plan
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to provide occupational therapy services to hospital unit and coordinate treatment efforts with other staff members while meeting all state and federal requirements. The work is performed under the direction of the Clinical Services Manager.
Has overall responsibility for Therapeutic Activities. Supervises Therapy Assistants on the Admissions Unit. Performs the duties of a Registered Occupational Therapist on the Admissions Unit, including assessment as well as individual and group therapies. Completes documentation as required by Federal and State regulations and Norwood Policy. Functions as a Treatment Team member on the Admissions Unit. Advises. Guide/advise unit staff and activity staff in development of goal-oriented individualized activities and approaches with supervision and guidance in carrying out scheduled activities. Supervises Therapy Assistants on Admission Unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Advises staff on the Admissions Unit for treatment issues.
• Directs overall function of Activity Services on the Admissions Unit.
• Supervises Activity staff on the Admissions Unit.
• Assists in planning and carrying out unit functions.
• Participate in the development of the budget as it pertains to Occupational Therapy and Activities and assist in monitoring compliance with the budget.
Acute Psychiatric Hospital Unit:
• Directs and maintains the Occupational Therapy and Activity program on the Admissions Unit.
• Complete activity assessment and other documentation, including summaries of group and individual activities/therapies and weekly progress notes within established time frames, either directly or through the Therapy Assistants.
• Gather/record/analyze data for Quality Improvement studies, as needed.
• Direct the updating of the unit activity schedule, as needed.
• Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
• Provide continuing education and communication to other staff relative to Occupational Therapy and Activity goals and changes.
• Attend Treatment Team staffings and consultations, as scheduled/requested.
• Attend requested educational programs to keep up with current trends in the field of Occupational Therapy.
• Provides in-services, as needed.
Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy or related degree required. Completion of the Occupational Therapy training requirement and applicable registration and licensure. Must have on-going education in caring for individuals with mental illness, keep license current and stay up-to-date with any needed continued educational needs. Two years of health care occupational therapy experience required. Preferred experience in dealing with mental health patients, inpatient hospital care or group therapy.