In an effort to keep all staff and residents safe, and per CMS requirements and Wood County Policy, all newly hired employees of Norwood Health Center are required to have received the last dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination before beginning employment within the facility.
WHO WE ARE:
Wood County Norwood Health Center has a great passion for helping the members of our community. As an employer, we strive to provide a work environment where diversity and differing opinions are valued, creativity is encouraged, continuous learning and improvement are fostered, teamwork and open/honest communication are encouraged, and meeting customer needs through quality services is a shared goal across all departments. If you have a background in mental health and a passion to help the members of our community, please consider joining our team!
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to who we are, Wood County team members are offered competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits, including:
*Health Insurance - we offer low premiums and low deductibles, with excellent coverage!
*Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) - This is one of the best-funded public pension plans in the U.S.!
*457 deferred compensation plan
*Vacation and Sick Time - Start accruing for both on your first day!
*10 Paid Holidays
*Flexible Spending Account to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical expenses
*Short and Long-Term Disability
*Wellness Incentive Plan
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Prepares food and bakes items as indicated on menus, diet sheets and daily worksheets following established recipes, preparing the amount needed to minimize waste. Prepares meal items so they are fresh. Hot foods are to be prepared as close as possible to the time of service with no foods being in the serving line or hot box until 30 minutes prior to serving. Increase or decrease recipes according to census. Date, label and cover all left-overs and place in cooler or freezer. Prepares food items for the vending machine and refill as needed. Will also be scheduled to prepare food for the ADRC consumers according to established menus and recipes.
2. Portions and serves food for the serving line. Accurately portions food according to instructions on diet sheets and menus. Changes are to be approved by the Food Services Supervisor. Offer food substitutes to patients/residents who request them within program guidelines. Will be able to identify all residents and the type of diet they are on. Refills items on the line as needed.
3. Maintains high standards of sanitation by keeping area clean and sanitary following proper procedures. Use scoops/tongs for serving all foods and wear plastic gloves when handling food, slicing meat and mixing salad. Foods shall be thawed in the coolers and kept at proper temperature. Records food serving temps and cooler/freezer temps daily.
4. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Assumes duties assigned by the Food Service Director, as well as assume the duties of the Food Service Supervisor in his/her absence, if necessary.
2. Answers any questions asked by Dietary Assistants concerning specific menu or diets by supplying these requirements for each modified menu, as required.
3. Notifies the Food Service Supervisor or maintenance department when any equipment is not working properly or needs repairs.
4. Responsible to check diet order book, daily, for day-to-day changes.
5. Have knowledge of food substitutions and assume responsibility of handling any crisis situation that may occur, by substitution of another food if something is not delivered, when needed.
6. Assists the Food Service Supervisor in planning the five-week menu.
7. Participates in department quality assurance (QA) projects as assigned.
8. Participates in in-service and educational activities as assigned.
9. Other duties as may be assigned.
High school diploma or GED preferred. Preference will be given to those with food service experience. Must possess basic everyday living skills, the ability to read, write legibly, add, subtract, and spell correctly in order to follow and understand supervisor’s directions, orders). Must possess effective verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written and oral directions (understand proper food handling and use of equipment). Ability to work under pressure, within time constraints and with minimal supervision. Previous kitchen experience is desirable. Ability to work cooperatively with others.