LTE: Limited Term Employment
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION-ONLY SERIOUS INQUIRIES SHOULD APPLY:
1. Hours will be sporadic and will include weekend work, must be available weekdays and weekends.
2. Must be able to commit to 25+ hours per week.
3. Have computer/technical skills.
4. Ability to work from home with high-speed internet access.
5. Must have customer Service experience-comfortable to interview and ask questions.
6. You would be expected to report onsite to the Wood County Courthouse for orientation and again at the end of the LTE to return equipment issued.
Purpose of Position
The Contact Tracer will use a computer program and phones to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for isolation or quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided to them, and comply with training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
• Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Collect and record information on symptoms.
• Provide contacts with approved information about procedures and resources, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to other agencies for community resources.
• Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of isolation/quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop.
• A telephone, computer, and electronic equipment will be provided; or contact tracers may be permitted to use their own equipment (telephone, computer, etc.) where practical.
• Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
• Complete required training; participate in meetings and webinars as assigned.
• Reports to work as called 24/7 in a public health crisis or emergency and performs public health emergency response duties as assigned and consistent with training provided.
• Participates in public health emergency response training and drills.
• Performs other duties as assigned.